2018 Hyundai Accent Limited
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Marco Carvajal
This is the fifth-generation Hyundai ACCENT with improved driving dynamics and an efficient powertrain.
Hyundai continue showing that every driver can always get more, with styling with more admiring glances, with fuel economy you can go further at a lower cost, in addition features that provide comfort and security that you expect to find on more expensive cars. All of this and more ii is provided by Hyundai in the form of a worthy car, the new 2018 Hyundai accent Limited.
|2018 Hyundai Accent Limited
Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
1.6L DOHC 16-valve transverse-mounted Inline 4-cylinder with Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI)
@ 6,300 rpm
@ 4,850 rpm
6-speed manual transmission, 6-speed automatic transmission with OD lock-up torque converter
Fuel tank: 11.9 gallons
Combined Estimated MPG
28 city / 38 HWY
The new 2018 Hyundai Accent Limited is a nice compact sedan that offers many useful features, nice style and surprising refinement of the interior. The new Accent uses the most modern technologies that help the driver in the management of the car and allow the passengers to feel themselves inside a new riding experience. Safety systems for VSM and ESP, assistance in start on the lift Hill Assist Control and other functions that are included in the basic configuration of the new accent.
Modern multimedia system with 7-inch screen, navigation and mobile interface support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will create a great mood during any trip.
About Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America has its headquarters in Fountain Valley, California. It is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 800 dealerships in the United States.
Pricing & Versions
The accent has an amazing low price, starting at 14K up to $18K with the Limited version. For such a beautiful car this is a very low price. It doesn’t feel cheap. It comes with a beautiful style and a lot of nice features that make you feel the price should be about 50% more.
|Accent Sedan SE||1.6L GDI||6-speed Manual Transmission||$14,995|
|Accent Sedan SE||1.6L GDI||6-speed Automatic Transmission withSHIFTRONIC®||$15,995|
|Accent Sedan SEL||1.6L GDI||6-speed Automatic Transmission withSHIFTRONIC®||$17,295|
|Accent Sedan Limited||1.6L GDI||6-speed Automatic Transmission withSHIFTRONIC®||$18,895|
The cool exterior design of the car is made in a completely new harmonious, moderately aggressive and elegant style. The front part of the new 2018 Hyundai Accent Limited is decorated with the grill of the radiator, and the new shape of headlights that look more refined. The profile of the body has more dynamic bends, and new tail lamps of the original shape. The new Accent added a bit in size – its wheelbase became longer by 15 mm, wider by 30 mm. This small increase in dimensions positively affected the appearance of the car – it became more solid than its predecessor. It is a nice compact car.
- Body-color dual power manual-folding side mirrors
- Heated side mirrors
- Side mirrors with turn-signal indicators
- Chrome surround front grille with black slats
- Chrome surround front grille with chrome highlighted slats
- Chrome beltline molding
- Tinted glass, windshield
- Windshield shade band
- Body-color exterior door handles
- Chrome exterior door handles
- Projector headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED taillights
- Automatic headlight control
- Front fog lights
- Hood insulator
- Hands-free Smart Trunk with Auto Open
- Sunroof: power glass – tilt and slide, safety one-touch
The interior of the Accent is very neutral but with style. There’s no button for climate and radio control, four analog sensors behind the steering wheel and a USB drive in the center console. The trim of the basic 2018 Hyundai Accent package is very good for starters. The dominance of hard plastic in the interior is compensated by the presence of many standard functions that provide comfort. Even the Accent base model is equipped with a 5-inch touch screen, a rear-view camera, a cruise control system and an audio system, great for a sedan priced at less than 20K.
- Air conditioning
- Power windows and door locks
- One-touch auto-up driver’s window
- Triple Turn Signal
- 6-way adjustable driver seat
- Sliding center armrest with storage compartment
- Passenger seatback pocket
- Front and rear-door map pocket
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback
- Cloth seating surfaces
- Heated front seats
- Chrome interior door handles
- Cloth door inserts
- Center-stack-mounted 12-volt outlet
- Front cupholders
- Dual illuminated vanity mirrors
- Sliding sunvisors
- Front door storage compartments
- Tilt steering wheel
- Tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
- Trip computer with custom settings
- Outside temperature display
- Proximity Key with push button start
- Automatic temperature control w/ auto defogger
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with voice recognition
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Steering-wheel-mounted cruise, Bluetooth® and audio controls
- Smartphone/USB and auxiliary input jacks
- Dual USB charging ports
- Audio 4.0B AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system w/ 5 inch color touchscreen and 4 speakers
- 7 inch touchscreen display audio system, AM/FM/SirusXM w/ Android Auto & Apple Carplay and 6 speakers
- Blue Link® Connected Services 3-years Standard (enrollment required)
The 2018 Hyundai Accent Limited relies on technical features, such as collision avoidance system, intelligent luggage compartment with speakerphone, and Blue Link helps to simplify the management of the car. This system allows you to start or unblock the car through the application on your smartphone. Also with her help you can create a certain microclimate in the cabin.
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Driver’s blind spot mirror
- Rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) system
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- Hillstart Assist Control (HAC)
- Occupant Classification System (OCS)
- Driver and front passenger advanced airbags (SRS) (2)
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side-impact airbags (SRS) (2)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Front seatbelt pretensioners
- Rear LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Active front head restraints
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Child safety locks (rear)
- Emergency trunk release (located in trunk)
- Remote keyless entry system with alarm
The accent is a great choice for compact cars in a budget less than 20K. The beautiful exterior design of this Hyundai can make you think this car is much more expensive. I like all the small details, the front grill is very elegant and gives a special touch to the Accent.
Besides many features and style, It is impressive how quiet is the Accent. If you do not press the gas pedal to the end, the engine is almost not audible. But even at speed, less noise from the oncoming wind and friction of tires on the road, than in some cars that cost much more than this small Korean car.
If you need an inexpensive, functional, economical, affordable car, but with a beautiful look, then the new 2018 Hyundai Accent is a great option.